2012-05-01

5 things I am thankful for


1. The beautiful people I have around. The ones who tolerate my messes and dance to stupid songs with me. And pour oregano into my pint and share a pizza before continuing the night. And live in other cities and make me miss them and then come back again and make me thankful for all the luck I've been given.

2. London in September. I haven't kissed anyone near Leicester Square and I haven't been the drunkest I've ever been at a house party near Soho and it pains me to think that I'll have no connection whatsoever to the pavements I'll be walking on. But I'm going to be fine.

3. Copenhagen in under 30 days. Eating cheap food and drinking cheap wine on the balcony. And mornings that are so bright it hurts to be alive.

4. Being alive and breathing. I had a dream where a man committed suicide by jumping from the third floor and almost fell on me. The man died, I didn't.

5. I couldn't think of anything else but secrets and clichés.

No comments:

Post a Comment