2012-04-04

Well I learned to drink, and I learned to smoke and I learned to tell a dirty joke. If that's all there is then there's no point for me.







It's been a rollercoaster. I left early Sunday morning, woke up in the previous night's clothes, the taste of white wine still in my mouth. The airport in Helsinki was empty, but Heathrow was wide awake when the plane landed.

I stayed in Kensington and the streets were awake 24/7. The white houses formed a pretty backdrop for everything that goes on. And by everything, I mean everything.

During the flash visit I encountered London as I've never encountered it before. Only when someone congratulated me for choosing the right path I realized that this really is it. It really is real. From September onwards, I won't be one of those embarrassingly slow tourists who get baffled and confused when their Oyster cards won't work. I'm going to have a proper home there, things to call my own, a corner pub and a favourite club. I'm going to meet lovely people, inspiring people and people to fall in love with (just so you know, I'm talking about those handsome and clever curly-haired guys who were hanging around the campus...). I'm so excited I could die!

For the first time ever, in the airplane on the way to London, I had a flash of fearful thought: what if something happened and we crashed right now? I guess one tends to fear, when there's something to lose.

2 comments: