2012-03-04

Copenhagen, wine, sun

Vesterbro is beautiful when the sun shines in the morning.

Ingerslevsgade treats us right even when the living room is cold at night. Michael whose name we first didn't know how to pronounce right makes tea every night and plays the Shins on vinyl. He laughs at our jokes and whistles around the apartment. The floorboards creak and tonight we discovered his DJ'ing equipment and made loops of panflute music.

I speak with more volume in Copenhagen and I feel stronger and more free. When the wind blows it blows hard through the city. When the sun shines the light takes up all the space. The city seems alive and its people are beautiful, it's contagious.

Yesterday night we were part of a cosy quartet, sitting in a small bar that played my favourite 80's one hit wonders, drinking beer and wine and ordering more and more of everything. Dice games were a big hit, until I lost three times in a row and had to pay everyone a round. The barman laughed at my story, better luck next time, but I still had to pay the Copenhagen price.

The night showed that French kissing in Copenhagen is some serious competition to French kissing in Paris and when I finished my tenth cigarette and spoke bad English and French together, I felt genuinely happy. The fourth glass of wine was the one-too-many one but in the morning I felt at ease. The arms wrapped safely around me kept the hangover away for a while.

Tomorrow we'll do something new again and try to blend into the beautiful people of this beautiful city.

Being here feels right.

1 comment: