2011-09-11

misirlou and whatnot

Struck by being ashamed of your old space
Just wanting that mean heat

You bleached your hair and you pawned your skis
And then you sold out for the shade of the palm tree scene
Sit around in cut-off jeans and cut-off jeans are
What you mean when you say

"Head south!"


I'm not pawning my skis, my hair doesn't need much bleaching, I've got three pairs of cut-off jeans in my closet and a 9-to-5 job.

I'm drowning in university plans and unrealistic dreams about the Indian Ocean, but these dreams are ones worth working for as the nights get colder in Helsinki. I'll be walking on the pavements, watching out for trams and the handful of businessmen of the city center for the next four months on my way to work, but I'm absolutely fine with it.

A busy autumn ahead, a brilliant Winter to come, I hope. You know what this diary is going to be about, what a miserable day to start it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment